Thursday 6 September 2012

Permission Letter

Today I decided to send an email to the Copyright holder of the track that I am wanting to use for my music video. I went on their offical website and onto the conbtact page to find the management section to send my email to.
 
...........................................................................................
 
Dear Management,


My name is Catherine Baker and I am currently studying A-Level Media Studies at Southfield School for Girls, Kettering, England.


As part of my coursework this year, I have to produce a music video to a song of my choice. I have decided to choose one of Mayday Parades songs “The Memory” as it is one of my favourite songs by them. I am therefore, writing this letter to you to ask your permission to use their song to create a music video for my work.


Please be aware that this video will only be used for my coursework and will not be distributed or marketed in any form. I would very much appreciate it if you would allow me the permission to use this song. I do hope you can help me out with my query.


Many Thanks,
Catherine Baker


...........................................................................................

Even if I don't hear back from the company, I am planning to still go ahead with my ideas. However, unless the record label contacts me back, refusing comformation to use their song, then I will I chose another song and start again. I think it is highly unlikeely that I will hear back from them, however, I will keep optismistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment