Monday 10 September 2012

Detailed Music Video Script

As I am a rather organised person, I thought it would be best to listen to the lyrics of "The Memory - Mayday Parade" and put my ideas (that I came up with on my storyboard) to the timing of the actual song. This will help me in the long run, to not only ensure that I know which part goes where in the song, but it may also save some time when it comes to editing my footage. Although I have just posted a storyboard of my music video, the writing isn't all that clear and detailed so this will be musch easier to read and understand. Lastly, this will help to visualise what I plan to go on at each point of the song.


Music Video Script from Catherine Baker

The main reason I have ended the music video this way is to display how I interpreted this song and not just a stereotypical break up song. I believe after listening to the song and the lyrics numerous of times, they have a deeper meanings and not just about "the memory" of their relationship but of his girlfriend too. At first glance the line where it says "take my heart as you're leaving, I don't need it anymore" implies that he doesn't need her or her love anymore, however, this message seems to be contradicted by "she is everywhere I go". This is where the idea of the title "the memory" wasn't just suggesting that she has left him, but may have left him for good and can never return. Therefore, I am trying to portray that by making one decision (where she either has the choice to turn back and say sorry or run away from the situation) can have an impact on her life, as well as his.

No comments:

Post a Comment