Saturday 29 September 2012

Magazine Advertisement

Inspiration:
Although I am not creating an advertisement for a film, I found Charlie ST Cloud's promotional poster extremely inspirational. I haven't actually seen the film all the way through, however, I have read the plot and I believe that the DVD cover picture has similarities to the picture I am hoping to achieve for my magazine advertisement for my digipak. Due to the fact my music video finishes with his girlfriend getting run over, I have kind of left it on the cliffhanger on how does he actually carry on without her in his life, to see how the audience would interpret it.The way I can imagine him carrying on without her, would be at first, blaming himself for what has just happened, as it was because of him why she left and ran away. This is why I believe this storyline relates to the plot of Charlie St Cloud, as the protagonist blames himself for the death of his loved one (brother) by making that one decision. Although both storyline differ, I believe they still have similarities in the message they convey.

Analysis:
The picture for this promotional advertisement  I believe captures the true meaning of this film, as he constantly looking up and remembering his brother. By having him looking down at him in the bottom picture, displays his caring and loving side and how he will always look out for him no matter what happens. I also like how both pictures are merged together, portraying the before and after effect of having his brother by his side and then being left all on his own.

My Ideas:
For my poster, I would like to create something similar  by having two images merged together, portraying how the protagonist is before and after everything has happened. I would like to recreate the top picture of having my talent looking up at the clouds and actually being able to see them in his eyes. I think this image would be extremely effective as it links in with one of the quotes from this film where it say "No one ever gets to see what could have been" and by him looking up in the clouds shows how he is reflecting on their time together and what could have been. For the bottom half of the picture, I am thinking of having a image of them both together (most probably walking hand in hand) to show how they use to be before that life changing argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment