Wednesday 21 November 2012

Photos For The Digipak

Today in my free study periods I thought it would be the best oportunity to start taking my digipak photos. I asked one of my friends who also had the same study periods as me so I was able to director her in what I needed doing whilst I took the pictures. I also needed my talent Tom to come over so I was able to take the second half of the photos with him in (e.g. the reflection in the puddle and walking in the rain with the umbrella etc). Here is a slide show of all the original photos that I took:



After looking at Mayday Parade's existing albums and single covers, I thought it would be best to edit the original photographs in a cartoon styled fashion on www.picmonkey.com. Here are my chosen images that turned out the best in this style and the possible pictures that I will most probably use for my digipak.


.......................................................
I thought it would be a good idea to show how I created the cartoon/animated feel to the picture from the original photos.

Here is one of the original picture of the rose I took in my garden. I decided to have a look at all of the effects you get on the picmonkey website and see if they had any cartoon/animated style. I came across the "posterize" effect on the left had side.

Once I had messed around with the levels of colours, amount of detail and how much to fade the pictures by, I ended up with this (above) as the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment