Thursday 8 November 2012

Feedback Of My First Completed Music Video

Here's a short clip of me asking a member of my target audience several questions to see what she thinks to my third drafts (which is my first completed version of my music video).This will enable me to understand what areas are good so far, what I need to improve on and see there is any need to add any more footage to appeal to my target audience.

As well as filming Jamie above ^ I also decided to ask a few of my peers on what they liked/disliked about the video so far and if there were any improvements they think I should make. Here are their responses: 

Laura aged 17:
  • The lip syncing is on time with the song, making the video realistic as well as the audience believing he is feeling those emotions expressed through the lyrics.

  • The use of the scrapbook helps the viewer give an insight of the couple's journey and what their relationship was like.
  • The only improvement I could think of is when your protagonist is breaking down looking through the pictures in the scrapbook, he could throw them a bit more dramatically to emphasise how much the memory is killing him.
Erin aged 18:
  • The walking in the rain scene is a clever way of showing how the event still plays on his mind, by having random flashbacks and deja vu of the times they once spent together(just by an ordinary thing of looking at his reflection in a puddle).

  • I like how you used an extreme close up of Sam's hand to show that she had a choice to either go back and apologise for the argument or to run away. By zooming in or when she chooses to change her mind and run away conveys the message you want to achieve of how one decision can change someones life.

Beth aged 15:
  • My favourite scene is when you have a Birdseye view of Sam spinning around as the bubbles float away. By having it in slow motion portrays a dreamy feel to the flashback, displaying it is all a memory (fitting in with the title well!)

James aged 19: 

·         The use of jump cuts added from different camera angles during the running over scene, helps the audience to not only know what is going on, but makes them empathise with the characters involved in the video.

Charley aged 16:
·         The point of view shot of him running to see what is going on outside, makes the audience feel like we are in his shoes and feel sympathetic for him when he comes across his girlfriend dying on the floor.

·         One thing you could improve on is if you edit the happy memories a little slower to create a greater impact on the viewer.

Paul aged 17:
·         By zooming in on the picture where they are both holding hands and then cross dissolving this image into the real life moving clip, gives off the effect that the picture in the scrapbook come to life.

·         I like how you reverse the happy memories back in black and white, to help imply he is breaking down and can no longer handle the memories.

Conclusion:
     Looking back at my first full draft of my music video, I am pleased with the result so far. However, as Jamie mentioned I am a bit of a perfectionist, the scrapbook scenes that I filmed in the spare room didn't look "boyish" enough. So i thought what better place to film than to go to Tom's house and redo the scenes there. So on the 10th November I will re-film the scenes and edit my music video from there and see how it turns out. As well as this, I will ensure that I take the rest of my peers opinions and make these changes they have come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment