Sunday 28 October 2012

On Second Thoughts...

After asking several people within my target audience for some feedback on my final choice for my advertisement, a few of them said that the detail on Tom's shirt did slightly detract their eye from the main information. Therefore, I decided to take this feedback onboard and go back onto photoshop and try and edit the printed image off the top. So I thought I would show screenshots of my process and how I did this step by step: 
Firstly, I used the magnetic lasso tool and went around the outline of Tom's shirt (apart from the shadow of his arm). I then used the "eye dropper" tool to get a similar colour on his top so that I was able to get roughly the same colour when I filled in the shape with the bucket of colour.

Once I had filled in the top with the colour that looked similar to his existing top, I used the "wrinkle remover" tool from the Picmonkey website (sounds odd I know!) but this piece of editing helped to blend and smooth the edges of the shape I had added together with the background of the top to make it look like it was originally just plain.

Afterwards, I went back into Photoshop and used the brush tool to add some shadow onto the top to make it look more realistic (as shown above).

I then returned back to Picmonkey and smudged in the brush strokes to look more like shadows on the top (by using the wrinkle remover tool again).

Lastly, I went back to Photoshop and made the layers of the advertisement visible once more, to see how the final product looked.

 Here is a close up of my final magazine advertisement, after all the editing^^

 
And here's the pictures before and after to show the difference^^
............................................................

Conclusion:
Although this process was rather long winded and took me several hours (due to the fact I am a bit of a perfectionist!) I think it was worth it. On reflection, I believe it was a good idea listening to the feedback from my peers, as the plain t-shirt distracts less attention from the main information, than the original, which is what I was aiming for in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment