Sunday 28 October 2012

Actual Magazine Advertisement


Here is my actual magazine advertisement, against the "Charlie ST Cloud" poster to show where I got my inspiration from.





Conclusion:
Overall, I would say that although both posters are made for different purposes and are not completely similar, you can see how merging two pictures together inspired my work. As well as this, having the main characters in a before and after shot, shows "the memory", which i am trying to convey through the title and in the music video. 

Additionally, like Lasswell (a theorist) suggested, I believe my media text can be used typically for surveillance (implied in the uses and gratifications theory), as it displays specific information to my target audience, in order for them understand what's going on in a certain aspect of society. This links to the Charlie ST Cloud poster, as this was its particular purpose too. Therefore, by referring back to the uses and gratifications theory, I was able to realise a magazine advertisement's purpose and try to re-create a similar looking poster in order to match it's overall success.

No comments:

Post a Comment