Saturday 13 October 2012

First Drafts Of My Magazine Advertisment

As I am fortunate to have Photoshop, I have been able to create the affect I am hoping for with my "Charlie ST Cloud" poster idea. However, this is my first proper time at navigating around this image manipulation program and using the tools able on it. Although I am proud of what I have achieved so far, I am sure that I can do better, once I become comfortable using this program. As you can see I have tried to merge both of the original pictures of my talent Tom (on his own), as well as the ones with them together. Currently, I have created 5 potential ideas for my final magazine advertisement and below are the ones I have edited so far: 



 



Conclusion:
Reflecting back at my first attempts for my magazine advertisement, I believe these edits need quite a bit of work doing to them for my second drafts. Although I am pleased of being able to create this affect, I think I can do better. I think the main problem with why this recreation doesn't look as good at the original, is due to the fact I don't have enough photos to choose from (although I took over 150 when filming the happy memories!) All the pictures I have taken so far don't have the right background to work well with merging the two images into one. I think this is obvious as I have used the same picture of Sam and Tom together for 4 of the edits, which heightens the fact I don't have the right picture. If I had taken more landscape pictures with a good location in the background, merging two pictures into one could be easier, instead of looking like I have just cropped them out of the background and stuck them on the other photo (which I believe is displayed by these current edits). Therefore, it will probably a good idea to ask my Talents when they will both be next free to take more pictures, helping me create a better advertisement for my seconds drafts. My next step will be to think carefully of the best place to get the photographs, as well as actually taking them!

No comments:

Post a Comment