Monday 22 October 2012

Audience Feedback On My Third Drafts Of My Magazine Advertisement

Similarly to my second drafts, I decided to ask the same people I used for my previous audience feedback to see what they liked and if they had any improvement for me from the last time they saw them. Instead of asking which one stood out for them the most, I thought it would be a good idea to ask their opinion on all of them, so I able to make adjustment or improvements if need be for my final drafts. Here are some of the responses they mentioned:

Number 2 feedback:
  • "I personally like how you have edited the photograph of them together in black and white, as it symbolises that they are either ghosts from the past or that he is looking back at a faded memory. I think this is more effective compared to the one where he is just looking up."
  • "I like how you can taken the mise-en-scene into consideration in each images too, as the main picture of your protagonist is bright due to him being in front of the sun, so you are able to distinguish between both photos."
  • "Instead of having a white background for the title of the band, I believe an adjustment you could make to the poster would be if you could merge it in with the sky like you have managed in poster 4."
Number 4 feedback:
  • "One of the best features of this magazine advertisement is how it looks similar to the original "Charlie ST Cloud" poster which you are aiming for."
  • "The burst in the right hand corner stands out from the page, catching the audience's eye to read the information inside it."
  • "The banner along the bottom also helps the text become more visual for the audiences eye, rather than just placing the text on top of his shirt."
  • "I particularly like how the "Mayday Parade" logo merges into the background of the trees, instead of just have a block of white in the corner of the poster."
  • "As your protagonist is looking up into the sky, this symbolises he is looking up at her and remembering the memories they once had, which fits in well with your song choice".
  • "The location you chose was a good idea, as it is natural looking and not too busy to distract the audience eye from the main message you are trying to portray."
  • "One improvement I would say though is that the letter "R" in the title of "parade" is a bit too big and may need cropping, as you can't make the title bigger without it going across his face."
Number 5 feedback:
  • "I like how you can see the reflection of the clouds in his eyes to display he is looking up and remembering the good times him and his girlfriend shared together."
  • "The expression on his face looks natural and conveys he is reflecting on his past."
  • "How you have merged the two pictures together looks very professional."
  • "The only criticism I would give is that because it is such a close up of his face that the text covers his face and I think it would look better if the actual picture was zoomed out more."
Conclusion:
After asking numerous people from my target audience, the majority of people preferred poster number 4. Therefore, as I am aiming to produce something that will appeal to my audience, I will listen to their opinions and make the improvements they suggested on poster 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment